Saturday, November 3, 2007

What a Week!

I (Jennifer) am so ready for this week to end!! But with this luck, are you kidding? Wouldn't it be fitting... daylight savings time is here and I get one more extra hour to tack on. Ugh!
ANDREA
It all started at the close of last week when my friend, Andrea, had a biopsy of her brain (yeah, using the halo with screws thing) and they confirmed that she does indeed have cancer AGAIN. As most of you know, she was diagnosed with Leukemia in Nov. 2005 after complications with oral surgery and fought for her life in the ICU for many months. After that she had a bone marrow transplant and then had numerous surgeries to repair her eyes. So, she had resumed a normal life, this year she celebrated her 26th (original) birthday followed by her one (1) year (new marrow) birthday, and this past July married the love of her life, J., who stood with her through it all!! At first, the doctors told her that this spot on the right side of her brain was lymphoma; however, after the tests came back, they confirmed it was leukemia AGAIN! So, the battle is on and she will begin radiation to her brain on MONDAY. http://www.weloveyouandrea.blogspot.com/
GRANDMA
My mom worked during my childhood so during the days and then later when I began school (before and after) I stayed with my Grandma. I also went to the same church as my grandparents, to their house every other Sunday for lunch and vacationed with them. In college, I even lived with my grandma. Needless to say, I am very close to her. Well, she was diagnosed with colon caner. She will be having surgery on Monday to remove half of her colon, lymph nodes, her appendix, and ovaries. They will also be inspecting her liver. Then, at a later surgery, he wants to remove her uterus. Until the Monday surgery they will really not know the stage of the cancer or the next steps so please pray that it has not progressed.
BOBBIE
My friend from high school who lives in DFW area is expecting #3. That is great news other than she has horrible pregnancies. She is already worried and to top it off had a horrible week as well; her grandfather died, she chipped her tooth, backed her NEW suburban into a parked car. Thus, she developed an ulcer and had to take pain medication. But that is a problem when you are caring for a 2 and 6 year old so her parents came to stay and help her.
AMANDA
I good friend that lives in Houston. I actually met her while I was home in Texas one summer in college and then we reconnected when I moved back. After many miscarriages, her and her husband, Mark, finally did AI and are expecting a boy on Nov. 19th. The doctor is going to take him early because they are so worried. She has to go for weekly ultrasounds and this week a girl at the hospital was new and screwed up her test. The doctor was worried...Amanda was stressed all week (which you shouldn't be with a high risk pregnancy) but the good news is that all the tests worked out okay and they say he is fine.
So, that my friends, are my prayer requests for the week!

1 comment:

Pam said...

Wow. I know how it feels to have everything seems to crash down around you... don't let it get you down too much, lots of us out here are praying for you and the people you mentioned. Take time to LAUGH! (Glad my blog could help you out on that one!)